Saturday, August 1, 2009

A little about myself

I figure I should introduce myself to the blog world, and maybe explain a bit about myself and my interests. It seems like an appropriate kind of thing to do. I have a ton of hobbies. I kinda spread myself too thin in that regard because I don't focus enough attention on any one thing.

First off, I love mountain biking. I bought a 600 dollar mountain bike two and a half years ago and I fell in love. It was seriously the nicest bike I have ever ridden on in my life. I bought it because I thought hey this might be a fun way to get some exercise. I started off just street riding around the city but I found out that that was pretty boring and quite dangerous. People in cars do not see you; I feel like I'm always about to get creamed.

So I looked up information about the trail systems in southeastern Michigan and it turns out that there are dozens of great trails in beautiful state parks all around the area. So I picked out an extremely difficult trail because I aint no chump right? And I pack my bike up and left. I road Pontiac Lake State Recreation area for my first trip. It's 10 miles of ridiculously hard trails. It's a big circle and you're supposed to ride clockwise. I road the trail backwards, and with no helmet. Spandex clad gangsters yelled at me to turn around but fuck em, they aint shit. Within a few minutes I managed to flip over my handle bars into thick underbrush, bruising my ego and shoulder.

After what seemed like an eternity I stopped at the top of a hill to rest. A few moments later a group of 60 year old men came to the top of the hill and stopped to talk to me. They told me that I really needed to turn around cause I might cause an accident. A biking accident ha! I didn't know they existed. I asked them if I at least had made it half way, and they told me not even close. I followed them back the rest of the way but they basically left me in the dust. It was embarrassing, but from that moment on, I was hooked. Mountain biking is awesome. I eventually went back to that park and conquered the trail going the right way and have been riding ever since.

Another one of my hobbies is playing the drums. I bought my set a year ago and I am trying desperately to learn how to play. It's a lot of fun to beat out my stress on these. I'm not in a band, nor do I aspire to be a rockstar or anything. I just want to get decent on these things and be able to jam with friends and stuff.

I am a computer junkie as well. I dick around on the internet way more than I like to admit. I have seen every single internet meme, and goofy youtube video. I love all things technology. I love fixing computers, and tweaking them to do all of the sweet shit that they were meant to do. I spend a lot of time on the computer.

I am a sports nut. I love watching sports on TV and in person. I am particularly partial to Red Wings hockey and U of M football, but I'll watch anything. Recently I spent hours watching the Wimbeldon open. Tennis! I guess I'm just in love with sport as a whole. I am quite athletic, and was the captain of my wrestling team in high school. I also boxed golden gloves for a while, and trained in mixed martial arts with my wrestling partner in high school. I love competition, although it seems as though my days of competing might be over. I coached a little league wrestling team last year and had a blast. I think I will probably end up being a wrestling coach amongst other things.

These are just some of the things that I like to do. I will post more about myself in the future. Oh, and here's one of my favorite youtube videos of all time.

3 comments:

  1. Soooo glad you dick around the web to have found that .. I about fell out of my chair !!
    but my all time favorite is the one where the drunkard on the lawnmower gets pulled over and accosted

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you croak, pal, even the Trinity's
    wee, wee angel could sooo kick-your-ass
    and throw you into Hellfire... so
    I'd think about this, bro...

    Check-this-out...

    Yes, earthling, Im an NDE
    (thus, my ethereal nomenclature) -
    so I actually know God exists:
    He rewards those who HONOR n RESPECT
    Him and strive to follow His Laws;
    for those who wanna know what
    Seventh-Heaven holds for your
    indelible, magnificent soul whom
    God has so carefully crafted -
    and if you're not too concerned
    with WWIII and N. Korea,
    you better follow us:

    Find-out what RCIA means and join.
    trustNjesus.
    ALWAYS.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're such a #@!!☆ badass,
    why havent you defeated God?
    Answer me that, chumpchange...

    I'll tella youse why, Vinny.
    You? Sinfull mortal.
    God Almighty? Sinless immortal.
    God made U.S. to worship N honor Him.
    Not going around bragging how tuff we R.
    I think you definitely need to rethink
    your finite existence and get back to me.

    Write something like 'yeah.
    'what the Hell.
    I'll try the course for 9 months.
    I'll git rebirthed in the Spirit!!!'

    Meet me Upstairs someday.
    Let's getta Big-Ol beer.
    Gotta lotta tok bout.
    cya soon, brudda...

    ReplyDelete