Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh, the spoils

You win some and you lose some. On my internet dating account I got a message from a real winner. Chick wasn't bad looking but who knows with this kind of thing. She messages me, "hi there how are you? what do you like to do for fun" Now there's a few grammatical errors in her opening salvo, but you can't expect a whole lot on the interwebs.

I decided to indulge her even though on my profile I clearly state my interests, and one could inference what I like to do for fun. It's not very hard, just pick one of the blue words. That's what I like. Ask me about mountain biking, or maybe computers, I won't shut up. But still I indulge her. I write back to her and tell her that I like doing the things that I mentioned in my profile and ask her what she likes to do for fun. She responds to me with "i like to text alot. i like to go out door. i like cars,movie and go to the bar. hang out with friend. anything you want to know about me" Anything I want to know about you? Nope. I think you bout summed it all up there honey. We don't share interests. Except maybe going to the bar. But I think I would be embarrassed to go to the bar with this chick. I wonder if she could even handle the responsibilities of ordering a drink for herself. She'd probably want me to do it to show her that I'm a gentleman. Then want me to pay for it.

The first thing that she says she likes to do for fun is texting. TEXTING! You know what that means? That means my pocket going crazy like a jack russel fucking terrier at weird times throughout the day with God aweful retarded text messages. I can see it now... "Wut U doin want eat something" Also, I'm not a big fan of text messaging. I mean, I'll do it, but I don't want to be texting all the time. I don't want to have huge text conversations that span 30 messages. If you've got that much to say to me just fucking call me. We can talk. I think text messages should be relegated to those short little messages that really don't warrant a full phone call for. Like, "Hey I'm gonna be 15 minutes late." That kind of shit. I am not going to get to know someone through a bunch of 160 character long messages.

Even with phone calls... I don't like to spend a ton of time on the phone. I think that if you have more than five or ten minutes worth of stuff to talk to me about than let's just hang out. We can talk for hours in person and it won't run up a bill that I have to pay.

It's all good though. No harm no foul.

3 comments:

  1. "I think that if you have more than five or ten minutes worth of stuff to talk to me about than let's just hang out. We can talk for hours in person and it won't run up a bill that I have to pay."

    OMFG I may just love you.

    Also rather sad I can't post a comment with just my name and website. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO !!!!!!
    Amen to the texting whores.
    obviously you have a GDamn phone USE IT !!! to make calls
    ugg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texting is not a hobby. That is all.

    ReplyDelete